Courage doesn’t happen when you have all the answers. It happens when you are ready to face the questions you have been avoiding your whole life.”
― Shannon L. Alder
Clear as Mud
Sometimes I am as clear as mud. Yep. M.U.D.
Today I had a dear friend ask about Tuesday’s webinar. I could tell by the look in her eyes there was something she wasn’t telling me (smile).
“You’re not really sure what it is all about, are you?” I asked.
“Not really,” she smiled.
“Well, it seems I’ve been as clear as mud,” I smiled back. “How can I help you here?”
She offered two extremely helpful questions that I should have addressed from the get go.
- “What can I expect from this webinar?”
- “What kind of time commitment does this require?”
What to Expect at Tuesday’s Be Remarkable Webinar
A webinar is a web-based seminar.”
What is a webinar, anyway?
Thanks to Google, I found a simple, straightforward explanation of what a webinar, a web-based seminar, is all about. Explanation is in black, what to expect at our webinar is in teal:
- A webinar is an online event that is hosted by an organization/company and broadcast to a select group of individuals through their computers via the Internet. (A webinar is sometimes also referred to as a “webcast”, “online event” or “web seminar”).
Be Remarkable is an online event hosted by yours truly and anyone who registers online can come. IF you can’t be present on Tuesday from 1-2pm EST, once registered you will receive a special webinar access code that you can use for up to 72 hours, post-webinar, + you receive your special Be Remarkable Starter Kit.
- A webinar allows a speaker from the hosting organization/company to share PowerPoint presentations, videos, web pages or other multimedia content with audiences that can be located anywhere.
On Tuesday, July 7th, 1-2pm EST, I will be teaching on three proven secrets to becoming the woman God created you to be. Three rich truths about living a re|mark|able life in which you have significant impact in every sphere of your life. I’m not giving the secrets away…you have to be registered to know. I’ve been dropping hints, though (smile).
- Webinars typically have audio and visual components. The visual component of a webinar is shared through a web conferencing tool or Internet browser. The audio portion of a webinar is usually broadcast through the audience’s computers (through speakers and media players) or through the telephone.
Yes, we will be using a simple web conferencing tool, Google Hangouts, in which you will be able to ask questions throughout the webinar (web-based seminar). Rest assured it is SIMPLE to use. Yes, we may have some techy stuff to manage, but it will be worth it.
- A webinar also allows the hosting organization/company to interact with an audience. The audience can ask the speaker or moderator (who is leading the webinar) questions in real-time through an instant messaging tool or e-mail.
Questions! I am looking forward to our interaction. Hopefully I’ll be able to answer everyone’s questions. If not, we will have a private Facebook group for our community post-conference, but you must be registered to be a part of this private group.
- Time commitment? 60 minutes. IF by chance you can’t attend the LIVE webinar, you can access the webinar for up to 72 hours post-webinar. Just be sure to register. The rest is up to you. Spend as much or as little time as possible.
The Courage to Start
It’s true, sometimes I’m as clear as mud, but that is because I’m not really clear on the details, either.
It seems that every time God nudges me out of the comfort zones of my life in order to expand my capacities and potential, it requires a very uncomfortable, very scary-storm-approaching, soul-stretching set of circumstances. Typically, I don’t know what I am doing so it creates a deep sense of dependence on God and others. And I think that is exactly how God likes me—us—to be: dependent on HIS strength and not our own.
I’ve been praying and dreaming and planning on utilizing the Internet for teaching highly valuable, intentional, and practical information for several years now, but every time I got close, a storm cloud of obstacles buffeted the dream. Finally, it is time. Women will not have to leave their home, get babysitters, lose out because they work, etc. Strong, life-giving teaching will be right at their fingertips. I am SO EXCITED! E-courses here we come.
Brené Brown says, ‘You need two things: Somebody who’s willing to pick you up and dust you off when you get your butt kicked … and absolute clarity of values.’ She shares, ‘You can have courage or comfort—but you can’t have both.'”
I’m so grateful for my friend. Her valuable insights and questions about Tuesday’s webinar prodded me to make sure I was explaining my intentions and letting other women really understand what it is all about.
As our conversation closed, she smiled and hugged my neck tight.
“You are so brave,” she said. “So brave.”
That meant the world to me.
Maybe you’re facing something today that requires a very uncomfortable, very scary-storm-approaching, and very soul-stretching set of circumstances.
I pray you find the miraculous courage to step outside your comfort zones, too.
Reserve your spot for Tuesday’s Webinar (Web-based Seminar), right now!