“Hope is a weaponized bear hug–a mixture of strength and tenderness–activated following hurt. It gently whispers, ‘It will be ok. Your circumstances are temporary.'”Messy Hope, Lori Wildenberg
Messy Hope: Overcoming Anxiety, Depression, & Suicide Ideation
In light of the recent news of former Miss USA, Cheslie Kryst, taking her own life, I felt compelled to talk about the very hard topic of suicide ideation.
It just so happened that I had licensed parent and family educator, Lori Wildenberg, scheduled to tape the podcast the day after this tragic news.
Having Lori with us to share her story, chronicled in her newest book, “Messy Hope: Help Your Child Overcome Anxiety, Depression, and Suicidal Ideation” is what I like to call kairos timing: God’s opportune time.
In her very personal story, Lori invites us to “hope growth.”
This episode is longer than normal, unedited, and raw, but this much-needed conversation needed to happen.
Meet Lori Wildenberg
Here on Episode 4 of Season 8 of “Today’s Heartlift with Janell,” we open another worthy conversation that helps us understand the overwhelming sense of anxiety, depression, and suicidal ideation our teens are facing.
To help us understand this rising challenge, Lori shares her very personal story.
Her authenticity and vulnerability invite us to examine every relationship in our lives, especially those we have within our families.
- Meet Lori and follow her on Instagram.
- Listen to Lori’s parenting story and glean from her journey.
- Begin your own journey of Hope Growth. Lori offers Hope Busters, Hope Builders, and Hopeful Truths at the end of every chapter of her book, “Messy Hope,” (see above example from p. 138).
- Watch additional videos on Lori’s parenting tips.
- Learn more about secure attachment in “Stronger Every Day: 9 Tools for an Emotionally Healthy You.”