One of the most far-reaching projects is the Dignity Project. One day, a lady approached me in Bumala B. ‘Sister Becky, please will you pray for my daughter? She’s been missing for three months.’ Within days, another lady approached me: ‘Please pray for my missing child. My daughter has been gone for five months now.’ As I asked more questions, it became clear what had happened. Here, right on the doorstep of King’s School, right in the village of Bumala B and the surrounding villages, sex traffickers were at work. What could we do? The Dignity Project was born.”Becky Murray, Embrace the Journey
Saying Yes to God
One of the primary benefits of Today’s Heartlift with Janell, the podcast, is meeting truly remarkable people.
Today, in this episode, you are meeting a young woman whose bravery and courage inspire me and I know it will inspire you.
She’s humble and fierce.
As you will hear, a simple, yet profound providential encounter with a little girl named Felicity, became Becky Murray’s non-negotiable invitation to follow God’s call.
In this episode, you will:
- Be inspired to listen and look for God in unique, special, often surprising ways.
- Be challenged to say YES, even when it scares you beyond all belief.
- Be invited to move outside your comfort zone.
- Be led to give of your resources to help those in need.
This week’s resources
Sometimes the story we tell ourselves is not really true. Sometimes the story others tell about us is not really true. On “Today’s Heartlift with Janell,” Author, Trauma-informed therapist, and Professional Heartlifter, Janell Rardon, opens conversations about how emotional health and mental fitness effects absolutely every area of our lives. When we possess and practice healthy, strong, resilient emotional health practices, life is so much better.
Were you more aware this week of those Anxiety Elephants trying to stomp in your life? Thanks to Caris Snider, author of the ”Anxiety Elephants” series for adults and tween boys and girls, we received a powerful visual image of the heavyweight anxiety plays in our everyday lives. This week, we continue this conversation and are again invited to consider something C. S. Lewis called, ”baptized imagination.” What role might our baptized imagination play in the management of our emotional and mental health? How can our baptized imagination help us make the journey from our heads to our hearts a much safer, more efficient one?
Links + Resources from this Episode:
So excited that the podcast has been voted in the Top 100 Mental Health Podcasts on Feedspot: https://blog.feedspot.com/mental_health_podcasts/
- Order Caris Snider's Anxiety Elephants: ANXIETY ELEPHANTS
- Visit Caris's website and download free goodies: CARIS SNIDER
- Subscribe to Janell’s podcast and newsletter: SUBSCRIBE
- Download your FREE GUIDE FOR SEASON 1: How Am I Doing in My Everyday Life?
- Follow Janell on Instagram: @janellrardon
- Please, leave a REVIEW of the PODCAST.